Cutting-Edge Technology in Waste Collection
EcoNord bin lifters are powered entirely by vehicle batteries and weigh only 620 kg. They have 15% more capacity than fuel-driven bin lifters and don’t involve hydraulic hoses, valves or other wear-and-tear parts.
EcoNord bin lifters require only a short mounting time and fit all standard rear-end RCVs. The equipment also requires only short maintenance times due to interchangeable parts. The equipment’s easy install/removal feature and adaptability to mixed rounds (bag and bin) mean better utilization of our customers’ RCV fleets and help create an environment free of emissions and noise pollution.
EcoNord Bin Lift
Profile: Fully Electric Automatic Double Chair Bin Lifter
Operation: Electric motor with gearbox and driver
Easy fit on any standard rear-end loaded RCV. Can be easily fit to both new and older vehicles with only minor modifications. A standard DIN-frame is required. Connected to the 24 volt DC supply from the batteries on the vehicle, through a power inverter to provide the 230 AC voltage required to operate the EcoNord Bin Lift.
DESCRIPTION OF THE ECONORD ELECTRIC BIN LIFT
EcoNord Automatic Bin Lift incorporates a double split chair with two combs. It is suitable for any standard 2 wheeled bins and containers (EN 840-1) with a capacity of 80 to 360 liters (adjusted lifting limit at 140 kg.) and any standard 4 wheeled container (EN 840-2/3) with a capacity of 500 to 1280 liters (adjusted lifting limit at 350 kg.). Adjustable cycle times from 7 seconds for two-wheeled bins, to 14 seconds for four-wheeled bins.
- Loading height: 1,523 mm
- Ground clearance: 500 mm
The engine of the RCV operates at idle during bin lift operation, thereby keeping noise and fuel consumption to a minimum, while reducing exhaust emissions significantly. Operational noise level of the bin lift is measured at only 45dB.
- The EcoNord electric Bin Lift carries the CE mark of approval and complies with the safety standards EN1501-1, EN1501-5.
- Emergency stop buttons are fixed on the side protections and on the controls on both sides of the bin.
- Each comb is equipped with a presence sensor recognizing the presence of the container and 2 sensors confirming good grip and position.
- Safety sensor operates in descent mode to prevent serious injury.
- The comb is equipped with a sensor recognizing the presence of a bin.
- No uncontrolled power means much safer operating environment.
- Specifically designed to avoid any crushing hazards.
- Side protections consisting of padded safety barriers covering the operating zone.
- Fitted with a comb for 4 wheeled containers.
- Integral set, no shearing risks (no scissors).
- No flexible hoses. No hydraulics.
- Collection of 2 and 4-wheel bins and containers.
- Mixed collection (bags, bins and containers). Replacement of a chair takes less than 30 minutes.
DIN-standard frame. Space of 1.0 m x 0.5 m needed for fitment of inverter box, typically near the batteries—other locations include on the body behind the cab or on the roof.
- Batteries (180A+)
- Alternator (85A+)
- The lift operates from the vehicle’s electrics; there are no battery packs or other power supplies. Electrical connection to body: standard 16-pin / 24v plug configuration CATIII.