The EcoNord electric bin lifter operates while the waste collection vehicle engine is at idle, whereas hydraulic bin lifts require the engine speed to substantially increase to provide power for the vehicle’s hydraulic pump. Fuel consumption is therefore substantially reduced.
- Scope: Develop new version
- Duration: 4 months
- Delivery: 8 weeks
Reduces fuel consumption and CO2 output significantly
The EcoNord electric bin lifter does not require engine power to operate. It operates while the waste collection vehicle engine is at idle, whereas hydraulic bin lifts require the engine speed to substantially increase to provide power for the vehicle’s hydraulic pump. Fuel consumption is therefore substantially reduced when operating with an electric bin lift. Depending on how often the collection body’s sweeper / packer blade is engaged, evidence collected over many years shows that the potential average fuel consumption reduction for each vehicle range from 8% to 15%, saving thousands of dollars in fuel costs and reducing demand on future supplies. The fuel savings also reduces the vehicle’s CO2 emissions by several tons per truck annually.
With an average consumption of 90 liters pr 100 km, and over 100 km driving per day, every lift eliminates the equivalent of two to three passenger cars in terms of CO2 emission.
The lifts can quickly be adapted to single lift + open back for mixed rounds, or lifts removed completely for bag only rounds. More maneuverability for Fleet Managers. Bin lift operation fully programmable for operational speeds, top pause times, intelligent packer signal, shake intensity and other parameters.
Simple Maintenance – One moving part, less weight, more stability, less cost
Good accessibility of all mechanical and electrical components. Reduced maintenance requirements as the EcoNord electric bin lifter uses absolutely no hydraulics whatsoever; remote diagnostics for increased up-time; and many others features.
Quietest bin lift available
There are no hydraulic rams, pipes, fluids or electrically driven hydraulic pumps involved. The Model T is completely and totally electric in operation, as well as being operationally the quietest bin lift available on the market today at only 45dB, due to the fact that the vehicle engine need not rev up to power the lift and can remain at idle. Extending collection times as a result without noise-related complaints is now a real possibility.
Healthier work environment
This quietness, along with automatic obstruction detection to protect operators during collection, means EcoNord electric bin lifters help provide the safest possible waste collection working environment. There is no emission while operating electric lifts. Long time collectors have also traditionally suffered from hearing loss because of high noise level, which is not the case operating electric lifts.
- Fully electric – no hydraulics whatsoever reducing fuel consumption up to 15%.
- Reduces the vehicle’s CO2 emissions by several tonnes per vehicle annually.
- Compliments electric and hybrid RCVs, as no hydraulics is needed to power the lift.
- Light weight (500KG) ensures maximum operational weight capacity.
- Automatic, semi-automatic or manual operation modes.
- Adjustable cycle times from 7 seconds for two-wheeled bins, to 14 seconds for four-wheeled bins.
- Cycle time speeds operationally unaffected by cold weather.
- Compaction cycles managed according to actual need to empty hooper.
- Remote diagnostic and good accessibility of all mechanical and electrical components.
- Lifts are removable and interchangeable to suit collection conditions in less than 15 min.
- For use with two-wheeled bins up to 360L or four-wheel bins up to 1280L (for bins made to appropriate standards).
- Smooth, vertical lifting and lowering kind to both bins and operators.
- Whisper-quiet (45dB) operation, suitable for collections at night or in sensitive areas.
- Risk of injury eliminated. Automatically stops lift if obstacle detected while lowering.
- Can be fitted to an existing or new domestic rubbish collection body onto a DIN frame.
- Excellent ground clearance; 500mm.
- Bin Weighing and bin ID options available.